martes, 9 de junio de 2009

The Persistence of Memory


I’m going to talk about a paint of Salvador Dali. He was a surrealist Spanish painter who born in 1904 and died in 1989. I really like Dali because his paint is very particular and creative.
The piece of art that I choose is called "The Persistence of Memory” better known as "Melting Clocks ", and it was painted in 1931. I saw this painting for the first time like 4 or 5 years ago at school, I probably saw it before but I don´t remember it. When I first saw it I founded it very weird but also very creative. The painting shows the bay of Port Lligat at dawn, in the bottom appears the sea and a small mountain on the right. The melting clocks represent the memory which over time will be softened.
The original Persistence of Memory remains at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City.
Bye Bye.

1 comentario:

  1. Nice explication of the painting.


    I’m going to talk about a *painting of Salvador Dali's*.

    OR

    I’m going to talk about a *painting by* Salvador Dali.

    ResponderEliminar